RxSafe Marin is a community coalition dedicated to reducing harm from prescription and other drug use and to saving lives.
Prevent substance use and misuse with strategies such as
- fewer new starts on long-term opioid use
- opioids used for fewer diagnoses, shorter durations, and lower doses
- upstream prevention and education
Manage chronic pain safely with strategies such as
- alternative pain therapies
- slowly tapering high dosages to safer dosages
- limiting opioids and sedatives
Treat substance use disorder with strategies such as
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
connecting individuals to treatment services
By Yoohyun JungSan Francisco Chronicle In just the past week, three people died at three different stations inside the vast Bay Area Rapid Transit system from causes believed to be drug overdoses. Efforts to resuscitate them, including by administering the opioid...
Our Work Continues
Despite the current situation RxSafe Marin will continue working diligently to address opioid misuse in our county. We are encouraging everyone to behave calmly, responsibly, and to follow CDC, WHO and Marin County’s own HHS safety guidelines.