RxSafe Marin is a broad-based community coalition dedicated to reducing harm from prescription drug abuse and saving lives.
Prevent addiction and harm by using strategies such as
- fewer new starts on long-term opioid use
- opioids used for fewer diagnoses, shorter durations, and lower doses
- upstream prevention and education
Manage chronic pain safely by using strategies such as
- alternative pain therapies
- slowly tapering high dosages to safer dosages
- limiting opioids and sedatives
Treat addiction by using strategies such as
- medications for addiction treatment (MAT)
Drug overdose deaths in the United States continue to hit staggering highs. Over 90,000 estimated overdose deaths were recorded in 2020. Synthetic opioids like fentanyl and carfentanil are fueling the opioid epidemic. The United States has less than 5% of the world’s...
Substance User Services, Provider Resources and Additional Data
- Narcan and Naloxone Guide
- Pharmacies in Marin that Furnish Naloxone
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing in Emergency Departments
Our Work Continues
Despite the current situation RxSafe Marin will continue working diligently to combat opioid abuse in our county. We are encouraging everyone to behave calmly, responsibly, and to follow CDC, WHO and Marin County’s own HHS safety guidelines.