Our Work Continues
Despite the current situation RxSafe Marin will continue working diligently to combat opioid abuse in our county. We are encouraging everyone to behave calmly, responsibly, and to follow CDC, WHO and Marin County’s own HHS safety guidelines.
RxSafe Marin is a broad-based community coalition dedicated to reducing harm from prescription drug abuse and saving lives.
Prevent addiction and harm by using strategies such as
- fewer new starts on long-term opioid use
- opioids used for fewer diagnoses, shorter durations, and lower doses
- upstream prevention and education
Manage chronic pain safely by using strategies such as
- alternative pain therapies
- slowly tapering high dosages to safer dosages
- limiting opioids and sedatives
Treat addiction by using strategies such as
- medications for addiction treatment (MAT)
- reduce stigma
Join us on June 1st for the showing of the film, "The First Day: A Focus On The Beginning" is a film about Chris Herren, a former professional basket ball player and person struggling with addiction to prescription painkillers. Mr. Herren has been traveling with...
Substance User Services, Provider Resources and Additional Data
- Narcan and Naloxone Guide
- Pharmacies in Marin that Furnish Naloxone
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing in Emergency Departments