RxSafe Marin is a community coalition dedicated to reducing harm from prescription and other drug use and to saving lives.
Prevent substance misuse and overdose deaths with strategies such as
- naloxone training and distribution
- partnering with a harm reduction organization
- safe drug disposal efforts
Manage and treat chronic pain and substance use disorder with strategies such as
- pain management alternative resources
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- connecting individuals to treatment services
Educate the community about opioid use and misuse with strategies such as
- naloxone outreach to schools, community-based organizations, and county divisions
- community presentations and trainings
- youth substance use education
By: Shayla Girardin ABC 30 FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new California law aims to protect college students across the state from accidental overdoses. SB 367 will require colleges to distribute Narcan and provide training on how to use it. Central Valley Senator...
Our Work Continues
Despite the current situation RxSafe Marin will continue working diligently to address opioid misuse in our county. We are encouraging everyone to behave calmly, responsibly, and to follow CDC, WHO and Marin County’s own HHS safety guidelines.