Marin Senior Fair
October 24 from 9:00am-3pm
Come visit our RxSafe Marin community booth #192!
We will have prizes, resources, and more!
RxSafe Marin is a broad-based community coalition to reduce harm from prescription drug misuse and abuse, and to save lives.
Prevent addiction and harm by using strategies such as
- fewer new starts on long-term opioid use
- opioids used for fewer diagnoses, shorter durations, and lower doses
- upstream prevention and education
Manage chronic pain safely by using strategies such as
- alternative pain therapies
- slowly tapering high dosages to safer dosages
- limiting opioids and sedatives
Treat addiction by using strategies such as
- medications for addiction treatment (MAT)
- reduce stigma
DEA Drug Take-Back Day is October 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. San Rafael, CA – The opioid abuse crisis is a national phenomenon these days – there’s even a White House webpage devoted to it – but it’s been lingering in Marin County for decades. One in four Marin adults...read more
Substance User Services, Provider Resources and Additional Data
- Narcan and Naloxone Guide
- Pharmacies in Marin that Furnish Naloxone
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing in Emergency Departments