RxSafe Marin is a broad-based community coalition dedicated to reducing harm from prescription drug use and saving lives.
Prevent substance use and misuse with strategies such as
- fewer new starts on long-term opioid use
- opioids used for fewer diagnoses, shorter durations, and lower doses
- upstream prevention and education
Manage chronic pain safely with strategies such as
- alternative pain therapies
- slowly tapering high dosages to safer dosages
- limiting opioids and sedatives
Treat substance use disorder with strategies such as
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
connecting individuals to treatment services
By Yoohyun JungSan Francisco Chronicle In just the past week, three people died at three different stations inside the vast Bay Area Rapid Transit system from causes believed to be drug overdoses. Efforts to resuscitate them, including by administering the opioid...
Substance User Services, Provider Resources and Additional Data
- Narcan and Naloxone Guide
- Pharmacies in Marin that Furnish Naloxone
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing in Emergency Departments
Our Work Continues
Despite the current situation RxSafe Marin will continue working diligently to combat opioid abuse in our county. We are encouraging everyone to behave calmly, responsibly, and to follow CDC, WHO and Marin County’s own HHS safety guidelines.