The Marin Independent Journal, our local Marin-based newspaper, has recently released an article detailing how this pandemic has affected our collective mental health. There has been a 44% increase in cases being delivered to the newly renovated Marin Health Center’s emergency psychiatric ward since the virus began it’s rapid spread through California. Experts interviewed for the article predict that substance use disorder and general anxiety are expected to have increased beyond what the current data shows, and may continue to go up as lockdowns are reinstated across the Golden State. If you are interested in learning more, please read the Marin IJ’s article HERE.
- Four people overdose on fentanyl in San Francisco’s Mission District in one night
- Marin health officials, schools take on fentanyl abuse prevention
- ‘Shine’ suicide prevention event hit the right note
- Young adults in California experience alarming rates of anxiety and depression, poll finds
- California law aims to decrease overdose deaths, requires opioid reversal medication on campuses