Marin has joined a statewide learning collaborative, funded by the Department of Healthcare Services, to advance opioid addiction treatment in jails. Led by Dr. Jeff Devido, Marin County Chief of Addiction, the Marin team is supporting the RxSafe Marin goal to increase Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) countywide, and to initiate treatment for opioid addiction for eligible inmates in 2019. The learning collaborative provides best practices, technical assistance, problem-solving support, and the latest research on the use of addiction medications in county criminal justice systems. Read more.
- Four people overdose on fentanyl in San Francisco’s Mission District in one night
- Marin health officials, schools take on fentanyl abuse prevention
- ‘Shine’ suicide prevention event hit the right note
- Young adults in California experience alarming rates of anxiety and depression, poll finds
- California law aims to decrease overdose deaths, requires opioid reversal medication on campuses