Marin has joined a statewide learning collaborative, funded by the Department of Healthcare Services, to advance opioid addiction treatment in jails. Led by Dr. Jeff Devido, Marin County Chief of Addiction, the Marin team is supporting the RxSafe Marin goal to increase Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) countywide, and to initiate treatment for opioid addiction for eligible inmates in 2019. The learning collaborative provides best practices, technical assistance, problem-solving support, and the latest research on the use of addiction medications in county criminal justice systems.
- Community Members Encouraged to Attend Free Events Focused on Opioid + Substance Use Trends
- Raising Resilient Youth: Free Community Event on April 25
- West Marin Film Festival: Beautiful Boy
- Video Highlight: The Facts on America’s Opioid Epidemic (NY Times)
- Marin Joins National Prescription Opiate Litigation