Marin’s response to the opioid epidemic was highlighted at the RxDrug Abuse and Heroin Summit in Atlanta last month. The presentation, entitled “Think Local, Act Local,” featured RxSafe Marin and Safe Med LA as examples of community-wide action through local opioid safety coalitions. The President and First Lady attended the conference, signifying federal interest in a response that’s informed by successful models. The RxSafe Marin dashboard tracks our progress against established goals county-wide.
- Four people overdose on fentanyl in San Francisco’s Mission District in one night
- Marin health officials, schools take on fentanyl abuse prevention
- ‘Shine’ suicide prevention event hit the right note
- Young adults in California experience alarming rates of anxiety and depression, poll finds
- California law aims to decrease overdose deaths, requires opioid reversal medication on campuses