Opioid overdose remains a leading cause of accidental death in Marin. The Marin Medical Reserve Corps (MMRC) has mobilized to respond to this crisis. A team of MMRC volunteers has been certified to offer training to community groups in the use of intranasal Narcan, and provide free kits to those who may be able to offer bystander assistance in an opioid overdose. To learn more, or to schedule a training for your community group, congregation, or organization email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opioid Overdose Epidemic is Rapidly Spreading Across the Bay Area
- Pharmacies Face 1st Trial Over Role in Opioid Crisis
- Rehab vs. Jail Time: The Choice is Clear
- Marin Voice: Let’s strengthen county response to accelerated overdose deaths
- Purdue Pharma Reaches $8B Opioid Deal With Justice Department Over OxyContin Sales