The amount of unused prescription medications in our community contributes to drug abuse, diversion and overdoses. In the U.S., 55% of people who abuse prescription painkillers get them from a friend or relative. RxSafe Marin set an annual goal of increasing safe drug disposal in Marin by 10%, through a network of safe drug disposal sites county-wide. We were able to achieve this goal in 2018. Learn more.
- Opioid Overdose Epidemic is Rapidly Spreading Across the Bay Area
- Pharmacies Face 1st Trial Over Role in Opioid Crisis
- Rehab vs. Jail Time: The Choice is Clear
- Marin Voice: Let’s strengthen county response to accelerated overdose deaths
- Purdue Pharma Reaches $8B Opioid Deal With Justice Department Over OxyContin Sales