The Department of Health and Human Services, the Marin County Office of Education and the Marin Prevention Network welcomes Joseph Green for a free Parent/Community Education Presentation on Substance Use Prevention on April 25th. Joseph Green is a motivational speaker, workshop facilitator, professional storyteller and award-winning poet, and a person in long-term recovery. With a background in theatre and performance poetry, Joseph seamlessly intertwines storytelling and spoken word poetry to inspire his audience to join him on a journey which uplifts the core principles of self-care, self-awareness, self-forgiveness, and paying your blessings forward to make a world a better place for everyone. He believes in the innate ability of story to connect people to their higher purpose and one another. RxSafe Marin will at the event sharing information to families and youth about the how they can help to address the opioid crisis in Marin.
- Four people overdose on fentanyl in San Francisco’s Mission District in one night
- Marin health officials, schools take on fentanyl abuse prevention
- ‘Shine’ suicide prevention event hit the right note
- Young adults in California experience alarming rates of anxiety and depression, poll finds
- California law aims to decrease overdose deaths, requires opioid reversal medication on campuses