Every Marin resident can help curb the opioid crisis by safely disposing of unused and unwanted medications. This month RxSafe Marin has two exciting initiatives to support drug take-back. Ross Valley Sanitary District and RxSafe Marin produced this 30 second informational video airing throughout Marin. The message is clear—leftover medications can contribute to misuse and addiction, and need to be disposed of safely in one of the many safe takeback locations to protect our water from contamination. In addition, RxSafe Marin and partners in law enforcement are working to make it even easier to get rid of leftover medications this coming Saturday, April 27 from 10am-2pm. Find a location near you by visiting www.RxSafeMarin.org.
- Opioid Overdose Epidemic is Rapidly Spreading Across the Bay Area
- Pharmacies Face 1st Trial Over Role in Opioid Crisis
- Rehab vs. Jail Time: The Choice is Clear
- Marin Voice: Let’s strengthen county response to accelerated overdose deaths
- Purdue Pharma Reaches $8B Opioid Deal With Justice Department Over OxyContin Sales