Every Marin resident can help curb the opioid crisis by safely disposing of unused and unwanted medications. This month RxSafe Marin has two exciting initiatives to support drug take-back. Ross Valley Sanitary District and RxSafe Marin produced this 30 second informational video airing throughout Marin. The message is clear—leftover medications can contribute to misuse and addiction, and need to be disposed of safely in one of the many safe takeback locations to protect our water from contamination. In addition, RxSafe Marin and partners in law enforcement are working to make it even easier to get rid of leftover medications this coming Saturday, April 27 from 10am-2pm. Find a location near you by visiting www.RxSafeMarin.org.
- Four people overdose on fentanyl in San Francisco’s Mission District in one night
- Marin health officials, schools take on fentanyl abuse prevention
- ‘Shine’ suicide prevention event hit the right note
- Young adults in California experience alarming rates of anxiety and depression, poll finds
- California law aims to decrease overdose deaths, requires opioid reversal medication on campuses