RxSafe Marin has partnered with the San Rafael Alcohol & Other Drug Coalition and their Youth For Justice youth coalition to focus on Spanish community outreach about the opioid epidemic. Together we’ve updated our Know the Risks poster, translated our Safe Drug Disposal brochure, and have reached 200+ families in the Canal with door to door outreach with this special community bulletin. Our shared SMART goal is to create community education presentations in Spanish. Our next outreach event will be on May 4th at the Fruit & Veggie Fest from 11am-2pm at the Marin HHS Wellness Campus. This is a free family and community event.
- Opioid Overdose Epidemic is Rapidly Spreading Across the Bay Area
- Pharmacies Face 1st Trial Over Role in Opioid Crisis
- Rehab vs. Jail Time: The Choice is Clear
- Marin Voice: Let’s strengthen county response to accelerated overdose deaths
- Purdue Pharma Reaches $8B Opioid Deal With Justice Department Over OxyContin Sales