As trusted members of the healthcare system, pharmacists play a vital role in opioid epidemic response. New state laws and emerging trends offer pharmacists new opportunities and responsibilities. The California State Board of Pharmacy, Marin County Health and Human Services, and RxSafe Marin are hosting a free Continuing Education forum for pharmacists on July 20th, “Prescription Drug Abuse and Diversion: What a Pharmacist Needs to Know.” Attendees will be awarded 7 hours of CE credit for attending the full session, including the one-hour training to meet the requirements for interested pharmacists to furnish naloxone.
- Opioid Overdose Epidemic is Rapidly Spreading Across the Bay Area
- Pharmacies Face 1st Trial Over Role in Opioid Crisis
- Rehab vs. Jail Time: The Choice is Clear
- Marin Voice: Let’s strengthen county response to accelerated overdose deaths
- Purdue Pharma Reaches $8B Opioid Deal With Justice Department Over OxyContin Sales